Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Prerequistes for a planner in Forensic analysis Field

3 replies [Last post]
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 44 weeks 21 hours ago. Offline
hi
all
i am working as a planning engineer and i would like to know the prerequistes for going into forensic analysis field. i have just experience of two years into planning and total of 4yrs experience.

regards

mangesh

Replies

Jerome Atkin
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I came to Dubai wanting to learn claims as well.
What I done was approach a U.K consultancy about possible roles and they sent me to Dubai, once breaking me into claims in the U.K.
Claims are a totally different ball game to Planning. I thought it would be an easy swap. IT IS NOT !!!!
There are some good books out on the subject and I suppose this would be a start, but I warn you they are not cheap. I got mine through Google, if you need the titles of them P.M me. The Forum on P.P has also got some good information about various claims and methods.
I have two books which cost me around 600 U.K pounds for the pair.
My advice is get more experience in P3 or P3(e) software, also in planning (the software is only a tool we use) I would think your experience is very young.
Read up on the subject so you can at least understand what is required, try approaching a consultancy and asking them if they would take you on ? you never know your luck !!

Good Luck on you quest !
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 44 weeks 21 hours ago. Offline
hi
i worked as a site engineer, plus also played a vital role in finalising the product of the project, land acquisition, also handled legal cases for the company.

regards

mangesh
Jerome Atkin
User offline. Last seen 4 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
"i have just experience of two years into planning and total of 4yrs experience."
Mangesh, what did you do for the other two years ?