Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Association of Planning Engineers - Any good?

8 replies [Last post]
Gary France
User offline. Last seen 16 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I have recently found the website of APE - The Association of Planning Engineers. Does anybody know how well they operate, how good are their services, what benefits do they provide to members?

Their website looks as if not much is happening with them.

I would appreciate hearing any views that planners have of this organisation.

Is it worth joining?

Gary France

Replies

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
You can find the ongoing discussion for the PEO in the Planning Engineers Organization thread.

As it appears that APE is now defunct and non-existant (see Gary’s post in the Planning Engineers Organization thread), I’m closing this thread. If you want to post something about APE, please PM me or another moderator to unlock the thread. If you want to discuss the PEO, please visit the thread referenced above.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems - eTaskMaker Project Planning Software
Gary France
User offline. Last seen 16 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Dear all,

There has been some discussion recently in this thread about setting up of a Planning Engineer Association. I have recently added a posting in the Planning, Scheduling & Programming Discussion forum under the heading of The Planning Engineers Organisation, which gives some details of such an organization.

Gary France
Chairman
The Planning Engineers Organisation
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Daya

We agree to contribute this forum financially too but the steps to be defined from PP team so that we may proceed accordingly
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Shahzad,

Your suggestion is seem to be ok. PP Development team will need some resources(money,manpower etc.,) to process our applications, issue membership cards etc. Hence we need to contribute money to cover up for those items mentioned.

I think, PP Development team need to have further opinion from our fellow PP members view/opinion on this matter to proceed further. But this item shall be discussed in detail under Improving Planning Planet thread.

Regards

Daya
Shahzad Munawar
Yes, there are others Construction Management Association but if such started by PP Team then what’s harm.

I think this forum has more than 15000 members so why not Establishment of this Association come into form?
Christine Miller
User offline. Last seen 19 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Hi, Gary,

You may also want to check out the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering...I recently became a member, and they seem to be very, very strong in the areas of scheduling and planning, even so far as to have a new certification program in that topic. Web site is www.aacei.org.

Best regards,
Christine Miller, M.S., PMP, CPM
Project Controls
SAIC-Frederick, Inc.
Shahzad Munawar
Formation of Planning Engineer Association must

because there are all other Engineer related Associations except this if anyone exists, not effective.

So establish Planning Engineer Association having authentic certifiaction like other associations
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Don’t touch it with a barge pole.
I’m sure it was started with all the best intentions but unfortunately hasn’t got the people behind it to make it work. - IMO a great pity as I still believe it is good to have a standardisation for planning.