Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Topic for MS (Project Management) Thesis

2 replies [Last post]

Dear PM Professionals!

I am in process of selecting thesis for my MS (Project management) Degree. My basic job involve Cost Estimation and Cost Control in construction industry of saudi arabia. I want to make thesis either in Cost Estimation or Cost Control. I need your suggestion in selecting a topic and if possible some content to include in thesis so, that my reasearch may help full for Project management professionals specially memeber of this site.

Waititng for support.

Regards,

Waqas

Replies

soniya raj
User offline. Last seen 9 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Ahmed,

PRINCE2  is a process-based method for effective project management.U can Study Prince2 and Itil For your Project,it will be helpful and u can solve ur  cost estimation and cost control problem easily.

Thanks & Regards

Soniya

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Ahmed

You could explore the interelationship of the four cost elements.

Fixed - Volume - Time - Percent.

One exercise I set in a seminar was to list all the elements needed to create a 10,000 m3 of concrete in an isolated site (no readymix) and allocate a cost element to each one.

Then reduce it to a cost per m3.

For instance just for the water you need:

Either a borehole & pump plus tank or a set of bowsers and a tank. Each of which will have a ratio of Fixed Time and Volume costs.

Best regards

Mike Testro