Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Claim Digger - Comparing a P3 file to a P6 file

1 reply [Last post]
Anthony Foster-Davis
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Is there any way to compare a P3 file vs. a P6 file using Claim Digger or other 3rd party software. I just had a major project go through the conversion and I've tried exporting the P6 file to P3 and ran the Claim Digger report, but there seems to be many discrepancies with what it produces. Would importing the P3 file into P6 and running Claim Digger in P6 work any better or will I have the same discrepancies?

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Anthony,

It is widely known that conversions to and from P3 and P6 will create discrepancies.  There are dozens of known issues and bugs that never seemed to get rectified.  Casual observance shows that there are more problems going from P6 to P3 than from P3 to P6.   It almost seems like Primavera did not want their P6 users to export schedules to P3.

You cannot use Claim Digger to compare a P3 schedule to a P6 one.  We at Schedule Analyzer Software responded to this deficiency by creating the ‘Compare P3 to P6’ module in our Schedule Analyzer Enterprise Forensic (eForensic) software series.  It compares the actual P3 data in the Btrieve database with the corresponding P6 data in the P6 database.  You would be amazed at the number of ‘minor’ decencies and the number of major ones in a typical conversion!