Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Store period performance how to see past performance

5 replies [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

Pls give me suggestion how to do store period performance:

a) First i have created financial periods for which i have to store period performance.
b) Second , i went to store period performance , i selected the financial period for which i want to store the data and then selected store now.........

Pls advice me the following:
a) How & where to see the past period performance data for the store period performance.
b) How to compare two financial period data by using store period performance.

Awaiting for ur valuable input to learn store period performance.

regards,

Haresh Jayanth

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 13 hours ago. Offline
Haresh,
In addition to Duy explanation. When creating Graph, Profile, S-Curve and spreadsheet tick Display Actual using Financial Period data to have a comparison from your plan and actual.

Rola,
Period performance and Financial period are used to keep the past period data (i.e. plan, actual, EV etc...) so it will not move when progress are updated. It keeps the history which is used for comparing Actual, Plan, EV etc... on Columns, Graph Profile, S-Curve and spreadsheet.

As per P6 help:
Store Period Performance
Using the Store Period Performance feature, you can track actual units and costs to date. For example, if you increase the actual this period by 50, the Project Management module increases the Actual to Date by the same amount. At the end of each financial period, reset the Actual This Period values of all activities and assignments to zero by choosing Tools, Store Period Performance. Resetting the Actual This Period values does not affect Actual to Date values; rather, it prepares you to begin tracking new use for the current period.

Storing period performance records actuals for the selected financial period along with earned value and planned value, so you can track previous periods and compare current and future trends. If past period data changes after you store period performance, you can edit the data in financial period columns of the Activity Table, Resource Assignments window, and the Resources tab of Activity Details.

Your projects may be scheduled to update every two weeks, monthly, or even quarterly. To track actual costs and progress recorded, update your schedule at the times established in the Financial Periods dictionary, then store period performance at the end of the update period and before the start of the next schedule update.
Rola Sabbah
User offline. Last seen 10 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
HI
can body please explain a little bit about peroid peformaces? and finacial period?
and what is it main use?
Thanks.
Duy Pham
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Haresh,

To see the past period performance data, you need to go to: Edit\User Preferences\Application\Colums\select financial periods to view in colums (then click to choose your financial periods from... to...)

then back to Activities workspace, call for Columns\Financial Period Value\ choose your assigned periods

Hope it helps,

Duy
Rola Sabbah
User offline. Last seen 10 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
so it works instead of saving a copy of each month update right?
so i need to enter dates of updating as fincail peroid then save it.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 13 hours ago. Offline
Rola,
Yes you are correct. After update use Tools-> Store Period Performance and select financial date correspond to your update. That will keep you history.