Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera P5 in Vista + upgrading to P6

1 reply [Last post]
Yusuke Kamui
User offline. Last seen 14 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
I noticed that I cannot install P5 in Windows Vista Home Premium. I tried it but during the database configuration it is failing. Now, I will be receiving soon an upgrade to P6 from Primavera (discs will come soon). Question is, can you upgrade to P6 in Vista eventhough you failed to install beforehand P5 on it?

In my understanding, if you want to "upgrade" something the previous version (P5) should be installed first on the computer. But how to do since P5 failed to install intially in the computer running on Vista?? So if you want to upgrade to P6, the system will say you don’t have P5 installed on the current PC!

Any idea? Thanks in advance.

Replies

Ahmet Cetin
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Not really, Primavera is not producing a special upgrade package which can be installed only if you have installed previous version. As long as you have valid license file, you can install it directly from the scratch. For installation problems, you can find plenty discussions in PrimaveraTools.com

Cheers,

Ahmet Cetin
PrimaveraTools.com: Primavera Forum, Utilities