Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Actual Financial period Cost disapear after copying a

1 reply [Last post]
Filippo CARTA
User offline. Last seen 5 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Hello guys

I made a copy of my project and I’ve found out that in the copied version I have "lost" all the actual financial period cost. Let me explain:

Up to now, I have three period performance stored(sept-oct-nov)
If I go to the tracking view, either the "project gant profile" and the "resource profile’s" graph, show the actual cost only if I keep the flag "display actual and earned value using financial period performance" unchecked (in this case the actual costs are dispalyed with a linear distribuition. that’s OK) If I check the flag, the actual costs disapear. It seems this issue came up after copying the project. In the original one this never happened to me.

Futhermore, the period actual total costs value show up correctly in colums (under the activity view-choosing colums - finanacial period cost) but they have empty value in the tracking view either under the "project gant profile" and the "resource profile’s" spreadsheet. It seems to be a software bag! Have you ever experienced this

Thanks in advance
Filippo

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Filippo

Sereval things you can check,

1. At the resource assignment level the period data in Sept-Oct-Nov still exist.
2. Have you summerised the schedule - if not then you will not see the updated info in tracking view
3. in the resource profile view are you display "All Project" or "Opened Project only"

HTH

alex