Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Change of Activity ID using gloal change

2 replies [Last post]
Gokulakrishnan Ga...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
I’m trying to retain the activity id last four right letters. (09abcd to abcd) only. but by using global change in then - data value item - i gave right(ACT,4).

Results showing that activity ids are deleted. But when i’m using then - data value item - left(ACT,4) it is working.
Can any one suggest me to retaing right 4 letters in the activity id using global change.

Replies

Gokulakrishnan Ga...
User offline. Last seen 11 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Mr.Rodel. i have used it.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Gokulakrishnan,
You are doing it correctly but the number you used is wrong. Always remember that Activity ID default character length is 10. If you don’t use the whole 10 characters then you need to count also the space. If your Activity ID having 5 character long and wanted to retain the last four the criteria should be RIGHT(ACT,9) "4 + 5 space"