Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Global Changes with resources

2 replies [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi 2 all,

Please anybody can tell me that how to assign resource in all over activities.

I have at least 694 activities and i assigned resource as (manpower) but i want to assign same manpower to entire activities.

so can anybody tell me how to assign resource through Global change Option.

Thanks in advance........

Replies

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Irfan,

To add a resource via global change:

1) Assign a code (or find some other way of filtering) to each activity you want to add the resource to
2) Go to global change, leave selection tab blank
3) On change tab, use the ’If’ section to set up your filter as per step 1, in the ’then’ section enter:
Data Item = RES, Criteria = AD, Data Item/Value = your resource
4) If you wish, you can use the 2nd line of the ’then’ section to assign the resource level, using either BQ (budgeted qty) or UPT (Units/time period) fields
5) Do a trial run to be sure results are as expected before running the global change

Cheers,

G
Safak Vural
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Irfan,

I recommend you to use IMPORT/EXPORT method.

- Assign a resource to one of the activities.
- Tools/Project Utilities/Export
- Export Activity ID-Resource-Budgeted Quantity for all activites to a xx.DBF
- Open xx.DBF in excel
- Copy-Paste Resource and Budgeted Quantities to activities. Save the xx.DBF
- Tools/Project Utilities/Import. Import from xx.DBF

I am not explaining each button, you can use Primavera Help (F1), it is really very good.

Regards,

Safak VURAL