Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

File Transfer

6 replies [Last post]
BEEPEE PAUL
User offline. Last seen 19 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi everyone,
I’m very new to P3, i’m used to saving datas in .xls and .doc file for viewing it in other locations.

The problem is I have created a project in P3 in a certain work-station. I want to get back all my datas as well as te layout, looks etc. and want to forward the datas via e-mail to enable him to download the files and see the project details worked out here.

I tried with export utility ?
What are the files I require to export?

Bye
Paul

Replies

Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Normally should work.
As is making a complete copy of the filters and layout You have set up.

I usually flagf on the compress and remove access list option. The first one to save space, while the second to be able to use the schedule from a network version of P3 to a single users without the need to check out it.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
But the filter function doesn’t work after you have restored the project... Anyone has the solution to this??
Luca Basile
User offline. Last seen 9 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
But he has just to see the work done, or may be also to make some changes?

You can backup the project, Tool->Project Utilities->Backup.

He will be able to restore it,Tool->Project Utilities->Restore, and to view with P3 or Sure track.
If he need to change layotu, run report and graphs!

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
why not consider the web publish by web wizard?
Zq qz
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
yOU CAN ALSO USE METAFILE VIEWER
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
One of the best ways of sharing P3 info is using the Acrobat PDF writer (or one of the alternatives).

Alternatively you can simply copy & paste into Excel.