Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Updating P6 Schedule

1 reply [Last post]
amin elhag
User offline. Last seen 6 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

I want the know how to update my P6 schedule based on activities original duration- project actual % complete.  so i can compare it later to the Master baseline, i've tried project (Duration % Complete). but it doesnt seem to be accurate.

Note : i meant project overall actual progress.

thanks in advance.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

1. 1st copy the baseline schedule your progress will be applied to the copy of the baseline to leave the baseline in tack.

2. determine which date you will apply progress to this is the data date (lets say September 1, 2017)

3. go to the status tab if you are using physcial % complete and if an activity started but is NOT finished check the Started box and then input the ACTUAL date that the activity started. Next put in the physical % complete and then the remaining duration 

4. if an activity started AND finished check the Started box and then input the ACTUAL date that the activity started. Next check the actual finish box and input the actual finish date. 

5. do this for all activities in started and or completed

6. press f9 and change the data date

note you can not have ANY actual dates LATER than the data date. 

to compare it to a baseline then select maintain baseline and select the schedule then select assign baseline.

now you can compare the 2