Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

bmu sequence

4 replies [Last post]
kp rao
User offline. Last seen 11 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Dear all,

I have a building with three roofs with different heights.Total height is 75 floors.Roofs at 23 floor,49 floor,and 75 floor.

We have BMU and roof finishes.What is the sequence of these works.We will first do at roof 23then 49 and 75.

or it will be all once.That is after completing the 75 floor.

Please help

rao

Replies

kp rao
User offline. Last seen 11 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

BMU I mean Window Cleaning Equipment.I have three roof levels in one building at different levles.It is like Burj Dubai.

can we start roof works and bmu at lower levels like 23 then 49 then roof or we will do all roofing and BMU just before starting the Roof works at level 75.It is subcontract package he will do roof works one time or at level 23 and then 49 and then after completing the structure at level 75.

Regards,

kp

Anning Sofi
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Rao,

The way I see it, you have 3 Roof levels, L23, L49 and L75; i can presume that you have 3 buildings being to be service  by BMUs.. (building maintenance units).  In our experience here, the BMUs can proceed independent of each other for the different roof levels, provided safety issues are addressed. Obviously you have to finish the roof level slabs; then cast the supports for the secondary steel for the tracks/rails of the BMUs which are usually goes around 2-3 meters distance from the edge of the roof outline. You may have to waterproof the supports, then erect the secondary steel and the track for the BMUs. Erect the BMU equipment, test and commission.

The roof finishing can proceed in parallel with the BMU installation; If you have a large area at the  roof, then work can proceed in area sequence with the BMU installation. The roof finishing installation will depend on the roofing details.

Ferdinand U.
User offline. Last seen 6 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

im sure he's referring to the Building Maintenance Unit or the Window Cleaning System Equipment

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 10 hours ago. Offline

Hi KP

What does BMU mean?

The sequence of roof finishing depends on your scaffolding sequence - if the scaffolding springs from the lower roof then the roof cannot be finished until the scaffolding is struck.

If there is no scaffold then you have to consider safety factors - roofers should not be working underneath higher work where there is a danger from falling objects.

So in theory you could be working on level 23 when work is going on between 49 and 75 where level 49 acts as a crash barrier.

Best regards

Mike Testro