Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Linear project planning Excel/AutoCAD

3 replies [Last post]
Ahmed KHR
User offline. Last seen 6 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Dear planner;

Any body have experience to make Automatique Linear planning grapihc using Excel or AutoCAD?

Regards.

Replies

Miklos Hajdu
User offline. Last seen 11 years 42 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia

Ahmed,

This chart was produced automaticly from the netwok. What you need is the name, duration, start calcutated start and finih time, and start and finish location into any free  numeric field. Of course if you want it to look nice, you have to define different styles, divide activities into different layers. This was produced by one of my students as a part of his BSc thesis in Construction Management.

Sorry I've tried, but this site do not accept pdf docs.

If you interested send me a mail to hajdu.miklos@ybl.szie.hu

Miklos

Ahmed KHR
User offline. Last seen 6 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Daniel,

Thank you for your comments its Realy hard to make make it on Excel and the constraint isn't to make at the first time , but to update it too.

Its Exist some software make That, but those software need complexe configuration of MSP or Primavera GANT , and I think its not verry interesting to buy expensive licences just to do Linear Schedule.

So if you have any templates on Excel be free to send it to me on akherief2@gmail.com

Also, I have to receive ideas from planners on this subject.

Thank you on advance & regards.

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Eng.Ahmed,

You can do it in excel, but not entirely automatic. You need to design your chart, time and chainage and then you need export your major activities (including start and finish dates) in excel and use chart of excel to plot all the dates in various colored lines and then superimpose it in your time chainage chart. If are good in macro you can probably do it automatically.