Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

I need some information on a Water Pipeline Project

No replies
farooque jawaid
User offline. Last seen 4 years 50 weeks ago. Offline

Hi 

A Very Very Happy New Year to members of Planning Planet.

I am a young professional in Planning & have never work before either on site or on a Planning & Scheduling. My goal is to become a successful planner & I got opportunity in my current organization now. I am looking some guidance on this issue.

If any one has complete library of Manpower & machinery calculation please guide me on md.farooque@gmail.com

My project is not a big one but the items are included as follows.

1-Road Diversion

2-Relocation of existing Utilities

3-Excavation & formation preparation

4-Bedding of Material & Laying of Pipe

5-Welding of Pipe in Trench

6-Construction of Thrust Block

7-Initial Back Filling

8-Testing

9-Sterilization and cleaning

10-Final Back Filling

11-Restoration of Asphalt

Construction of Valve Chambers

1-Setting out

2-Excavation for Manhole

3-Blinding

4-Construction of Base

5-Construction of Wall

6-Installation of Fittings & Valve

7-Test

8-Cover Slab

I never worked on any pipeline project before, only worked on Railway & Highway project in Drawing & Quantity section. This project is in Saudi Arabia. I am on a junior level so I don't have information related to soil, or any other issue which may required to planning,

If you have specification of pipe line project & any design book for design of valve chamber please share with me.

Here I need manpower & machinery calculation, how much gap should be gap between each activity. I know MSP & P6 but not expert.

You can guide me on md.farooque@gmail.com

Farooque

+966-544943431

+91-9701062756