Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Exporting Only some Activities

4 replies [Last post]
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Guys, my project has 2000 jobs and around 15000 activites. now i want to export around 50 jobs outside and again bring it back in to the system as a different project containing only these 50 jobs with all the activites codes and resources assigned to it. what is the best way to do it. please suggest.....

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Kumar,
Filter those activities that you want to copy and do the copy and paste but make sure that both project are open (old & new) then organized (Group & Sort) by EPS/WBS.
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Dera Sir,
since i have thousands of activities inside the wbs which i am copying,is there any method to copy only some jobs which are coming in that wbs.
i have gruoped the equipment with category wise.for ex pumps.
so i want all the pumps activities only to be copied to the new project.
any suggestions...
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 36 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Hi Kumar

You can filter those activities to export and save it as layout wih WBS of desired name .Copy and paste to the palace where you need it to export
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Kumar,
Create a new project then open both project (old and new) then use WBS window and drag & drop or use cut & paste from old to new.