Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

DAMS (Hydro Project Management)

5 replies [Last post]
R. Onur YAZICI
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I need to prepare a draft schedule for a mid-sized dam project. Since I have no experience in that area, I need help from my scheduler friends ..

Could you pls post activity list of a dam project or I’d really appreciate if you could post a sample file as well.

Thanks.

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Cemran

Welcome to planning planet

The best Idea is to start your own new topic in the relevant forum.

It is possible that contributors to an earlier thread have ticked a box to get an email whenever someone responds to their question - now they are getting pinged from your topic.

As Gary said - its not good manners.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Cemran Kirkpinar
User offline. Last seen 4 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Mr. Whitehead,

I am sorry but its just sometinng i googled and the search engine come up with this topic, thats why i posted this message, if i had found a newer topic i would have posted to that one anyway..

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 5 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Cemran,

It is not good forum manners to reply to a post which is 2 years old in order to ask for information not related to that post. Please post such requests in a new topic.

Cemran Kirkpinar
User offline. Last seen 4 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Samer,

Actually this topic is not the one i was looking for, but i think in many ways its related to the samples that i need. I am quite a rookie in that area so i need samples of WBS for a HE Project in Renewable Energy.

If you have that kind of information, i would be grateful if you can send it to me at use private message service Many Thanks,

Cemran

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Dear R.,

Dams are constructed in several ways. The scope should be clearly defined in your Bill of Quantity, and the Construction Method can be figured out using your team members.

You can google the internet. A 1st search yielded the following site:

http://www.ussdams.org/02pm.html
"Dam Construction Project Management Guidelines"

You can divide the works into two sections:
1. Substructure
a.soil stabilization
b.earthworks
c.civil works
d.Electromechanical works

2. Superstructure
a. Civil
b. Mechanical
c. Electrical Works

Testing and commissioning of course is needed upon completion of the works.

If you have any specific questions, we might be able to help.

Best Regards,

Samer