Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Interruptible vs. contiguous

2 replies [Last post]
Moutassem Al Kouatli
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear Planners,

can anybody advise whene to use interruptible or contiguous schedule duration while scheduling a program,
not from the software point of view (which i know)
but from a practical point of view, i mean in order to be as close as possible from what happens in reality, and which one is better, and what the effects of each one?

thanks and regards

Replies

Samer Zawaydeh
User offline. Last seen 5 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

Your activities should be connected to the resources. So if you have material deliveries coming in with certain frequency and the rate of completion at site is higher than the rate of supply to site you will have interrupted duration; that is once the material comes to site you can complete the activity.

Again, if you have a special person doing a certain job like commissioning of a system, then when this person at site, this activity can be ongoing.

On the other hand, excavation, concreting, steel reinforcement, block building, plastering, and most of the civil works are continuous activities.

Good luck,

Samer
Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
i guess it’s like progress override or retained logic

(i’m just a trying hard aspiring planner by the way)