Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filter

2 replies [Last post]
Ron Beechey
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I want to compare the Physical % complete to the BL1 Physical % complete in a filter to show work accomplished in a weeks time period.  Can I build the filter in P6?

Thanks for your help

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 21 weeks 14 hours ago. Offline

in this instance I am assuming that the BL1 ia a previous updated schedule not the true unprogressed basline

of course you can do it graphically showing the progress on the baseline bar vs the current bar.

The only way that I can see doing it in the data table as value is to create 2 udfs (user defined fields)

one called Physcial % Complete Gained and another called Last month Physcial % Complete

Then you would have export the Physcial % Complete from the baseline into excel and then import that into the current schedule as Last Month Physcial % Complete Value 

Then run a global change 

Where Physcial % complete is greater that 0%

then Physical % Complete Gained = Physical % Complete  -  Last month Physcial % Complete

Ron Beechey
User offline. Last seen 4 years 22 weeks ago. Offline

I have not found a way to build a complex filter and have only been able to copy to excel and find the work there.  Simple one minus the other and then anything over 0 has been changed.   Would be nice if that would be availble in P6