Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

EPS Level Activity Code Missing in .xer Export (P6 Release 7.0 SP3)

3 replies [Last post]
Erdem Özleyen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi all, I have a project with EPS activity code values assigned to its activities. When I export and import it back to same database under the same EPS, EPS level activity codes are no longer assigned to the activities in the imported project. Thanks in advance

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

Erdem,

were was the project before importing it? I assume that exported, then imported to a differen database where the code got lost, worked with the project, then exported again to import it to its original place.

Consider the import options e.g.:

Update Existing

When updating the existing project, any data associated with the record id is updated.

When adding into the existing project, the record and its associated data are added to the database.

When updating or adding into the existing project, the record and its associated data are added to the database.

What did you configure for Activity Codes. In the export configuration you can find some mousetraps as well.

Good luck!

Dieter

Erdem Özleyen
User offline. Last seen 8 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Diater, First of all, thank you for your response. First, I created EPS codes and assigned them to activities, so, there are already created/assigned codes. When I try to import it back to same place, the related EPS codes disapears !
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 16 weeks ago. Offline

Erdem

This is an old weakness of P3e. Before importing you'll creta an EPS code with the same (exactly!) name in the database where you want to import your project. Then new values will automatically created.  

Regards

Dieter