Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Handle Diif Calendar in EPCm Schedule

3 replies [Last post]
kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Dear All,

I have created an EPC Schedule which consists of Eng,Proc and Cont Activities.Since this is a Turaorund Project During the construction phase the work will be done 24 hrs.

I have following settings in my project.

Project calendar is Standard.( 5 days a week and 8 hrs per day).Since this will be the working duration from Engg to proc Phase.

How ever in the construction period the working hrs should be 24 hrs per day.

so i have assigned task calendars to all the activities.

My default working hrs per day is 8 hrs from 8 am to 5 pm.

I am facing below problems.

1) the duration for the turaround act is not showing correctly. I mean in the duration tab it is showing 5 days but the start to finsh date is only 2 days.I know this is because of the working hrs per day set in the options tab.Then what is the solution for this....Can i not manage to show the dur and the start and finish dates correctly in MSP while working with diff calendar options...........

2) what should be the approach for preparing schedule involving diff working hrs in diff phases...

I dint face this problem in P6..But hrer in MSP i am clueless...

Please guide me...

Replies

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Alexandre,

Thanks for your reply.it was useful Info.

But i was not looking for the irregularities in the bar length.I was facing the problem with the Duration column.

for ex If A activity is starting on 01-Jan-2012 and Finishes on 05-Jan-2012.So this means in the duration column it should show as 6 days.But in my project the duration is showing as 10 days.this is because in my project the default working duration is 8 hrs but for the turaround i have to work 24 hrs per day.

so here i am facing the problem.....is there any solution for this..

thanks