Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How can i delay my project one day

3 replies [Last post]
Ahmed galal
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi all,
i changed a working day to non-working day, so i need my project to respect that change to all next tasks after that day, but project made over-allocations
can anyone help me

Replies

Khaja Sharief
User offline. Last seen 10 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Ahmed,

I suggest you to check whether in the project information you have kept finish date of the project. If this is done and since end date is fixed and now you change working day to non working day then logically the end date should be pushed to the next working day. Since the finish date was fixed, the project would suggest for over allocation. 

Kris Harry
User offline. Last seen 13 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Please try rescheduling with "link tasks" after selecting all tasks.

Kris

arif khan
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Ahmed,

Just as you said, I created a Task A that starts on 1/Sep/2011 with a "Fixed Duration" of 60 days. Project automatically created the task as "Manually Schedule". I changed it to "Automatically Schedule". In the Standard Calendar (the one this project depends upon), I marked 1/Sep/2011 as a Nonworking day. Automatically Task A start date changed to 2/Sep/2011 and the Finish date also moved by one day keeping the duration same.

Arif