Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Date Format on Bars/Milestones

5 replies [Last post]
Tony McClennon
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 9 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

I am trying to show the date on the barchart area against certain tasks and milestones.

If I add the Start date field as the text against the task/milestone, it appears as DD/MM format.

However, what I need to show is the date as DD/MM/YY format, but I have trawled the MSP Help files to see how to reformat this with no success. Help anyone!!!

Any assistance gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks.

Replies

Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 16 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Im glad you didnt say old dogs !

Andrew
Tony McClennon
Same here James - been using MSP for about the same amount of time and never had to worry about it until now. Just goes to prove that you can teach an old dog new tricks!!!!

Tony
James Griffiths
User offline. Last seen 15 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Funny really. I had a look at different ways of doing what Tony wanted, but even I didn’t think of going into Format-Layout. I’ve been using MSP for nearly ten years, so it just goes to show that we can all learn new tricks. Ok, I’ve never actually worried too much about the date format on the bars, so didn’t need to investigate it. However, you would have thought that going into Tools-Options and changing the date format there, as you would for the date columns, would have also changed it for the bars.

James.
Tony McClennon
Andrew,

It’s so simple, why didn’t I think of it!!

Many thanks,

Tony
Andrew Owenson
User offline. Last seen 16 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Tony

Try going to Format and Layout you can change the date format in there.

Regards

Andrew