Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Arggh Why does MSP not like Monday or Tuesday!!!

3 replies [Last post]
Mark Wells
User offline. Last seen 17 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I don’t seem to be able to set my start date on a Monday or Tuesday (any Monday or Tuesday independent of date). It says Monday the ….. In the project information window but the first task doesn’t start until the Wednesday. The same happens for Tuesday, the project doesn’t start until Wednesday. Setting Wednesday, Thursday or Friday works fine. What have I done to cause this??

Best regards,
Mark.

Replies

Julian Coetzee
User offline. Last seen 17 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
He! He!

I had the same problem once, I sat and tried everything, bu the calendars just would not give me what I wanted...until I checked that my Resource calendar was different to that of my tasks....good laugh afterwards though!
James Griffiths
User offline. Last seen 15 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Mark,

I was going to say; I presume that you were thinking of the song by Bob Geldof and The Boomtown Rats: I Don’t Like Mondays at the time of constructing the programme?

Cheers.

James :-)
Mark Wells
User offline. Last seen 17 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry please ignore this,

for some reason I had the resource calander set to not work on Monday/Tuesday

Doh!!