Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to make a project become "Enterprise"

5 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
I’m a newbie of MS Project 2003
recently i’ve setup a project server 2003 in a server and
a project professional 2003 in my computer.
Once i create a project and want to upload it to server.
it said " my project is non-enterpise"
how can i make a project which is "enterprise" ?

Replies

Rick Dancer
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry folks; I forgot to sign on properly for that last post.
Forum Guest
If you have purchased Project Server 2003 and Project professional 2003, you have the enterprise capability (assuming you have followed the installation process correctly.

If you have installed correctly, the easiest way to see if you are connected to the server is go to Tools and look for Build Team from enterprise. As the previous posting identified, if it is greyed out, you are not connected.

Usually, again assuming you have installed correctly and you have the enterprise version of Project, it is the Project Professional setup that is faulty.

First, check Collaborate/Collaberate Options. The Project Server URL must be defined correctly. Press the Test Connection button to validate.

Next, go to Tools/Enterprise Options/Project Server Accounts. The project server entry must be set as the default. After setting this, close down MS Project and reopen. You will get a message asking if you trust the server connection. After accepting the Trust This, you should be connected and can then access and save projects to the server.
Blanche Chan
User offline. Last seen 17 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
You will get the Enterprise Option only when you bought this option or it would have been grayed out
Forum Guest
When you first bring an external project, or define a new project, the plan is "local" (i.e. not an enterprise project). When you try to publish, you will receive an error message. In MS Project Professional, go to Tools/Enterprise Options/Import Project to Enterprise.

This will transfer your plan to the enterprise (assuming you have connected to Project Server) ..... RickD
Blanche Chan
User offline. Last seen 17 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Firstly "Enterprise" is an optional module that you need to buy on top of project server. Secondly what you meant by "upload the project to the proejct server"? e.g. Publishing the project?