Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Request

4 replies [Last post]
John Smitt
User offline. Last seen 17 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
How about articles or white papers on planning related issues. These would help those going into a new environment or those wishing to learn something new

the planning engineers organisation has them. Most IT based tecnical web sites have them also. They help you keep up to date etc..

Replies

Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Guys,

I think Shahzad’s right. If a paper has already been published by PEO, there isn’t a lot of point in publishing it on Planning Planet as well, when it could be reached just as easily with a link.

What might be an idea is to set up an index, within Planning Planet, of links to these papers which would be available to all PP members. Against each link would be a brief explanation of what the paper is about, if this wasn’t obvious from the title. Eventually the index could be expanded to include links to papers from other sources which PP members had found. These additional papers could be vetted by experienced PP members to ensure that the information is sound, or that it isn’t just something dreamed up by someone taking an ego trip.

Eventually PP members would have access to a large library of information without the PP team having to maintain it.

What do you guys think?

Chris Oggham
Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
My oppinion is that PP can continue to be a place to discuss.

Technical papers could increase the dificult to mantain a site like this (maybe PP Admin could talk about this).

Regards.
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I think that technical papers issue on PEO should be limited to PEO not need to be published here in Planning Planet to avoid any duplication. Furthermore Planning Planet has already its own discussions on planning related issues in a better way.
John Lawson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Hi John

Is it not best to leave the PEO with the technical papers.

As I would expect the same papers would appear on both sites - saves on duplication of effort

Regards

John