Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Steps from A to Z to Identify, Analyze, Apply and Submit a Claim in your Project

3 replies [Last post]
Mamoon Ali
User offline. Last seen 7 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all,

I'd like to know the steps that one should take in a construction project he is working on to win over claim, starting from identifying the possible claims he can win over, analyze them, apply them to your schedule and how to report them to the Engineer/ PM,CM/ Clinet in order to win over these claims.

I need to know the process of the work and the steps to take. and any sort of references that I can rely on while working on such matter. 

Help would be much appreciated. 

With Regards. 

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Mamoon

It will be ready for download from my website in a week or two.

Price £25.00.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Mamoon Ali
User offline. Last seen 7 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Can you please direct me the link to that book ?

Thanks for the advice, well appreciated. 

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 30 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

Hi Mamoon

The best advice I can give you is:

1. Be Prompt - get your notices in on time.

2. Be Precise - do not overtstate your case.

3. Keep it simple - do not try to bamboozle the recipient with technicalities or spoof legalise - if a thing is worth saying say it only once.

4. Make sure it is correct in every detail - double check and then get a peer review.

5. Do NOT lie.

6. Don't let go at the first rejection - keep pressing your case.

7. In delay analysis know your methods and which combination to use - or none at all if that is a better route.

8. Buy my book Basic Principles of Delay Analysis - due for website download in the New Year.

Best regards

Mike Testro