Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Article: An Overview of the Analysis of Construction Delays

6 replies [Last post]
Joanna Kaptein
User offline. Last seen 13 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I work for Asta, one of the sponsors of Planning Planet.  But don't worry, I won't be bombarding you with sales messages.  Quite a number of our customers work in the area of forensic claims analysis and they have produced various articles and also spoken at our User Forums - an example of which is below:

'An Overview of the Analysis of Construction Delays' - written by Stephen Lowsley and Chris Linnett (published in 2007 but still very relevant), can be found here: http://www.planningplanet.com/user/reset/8530/1287744931/2af6497ec71c5670aee32118c31215ca

I would be interested in knowing whether anyone would like to see footage of a video taken at our Asta Powerproject National User Forum this year.  The video is of Alan Whitaker (Programming Expert) of Alan E. Whitaker and Associates and the title of his presentation is 'City Inn v Shepherd Construction – The Real Story'.  Feedback from those who attended Alan's presentation at the Forum was very positive.

If there is interest, we can get this video footage 'made ready' for the web and I could then make it available as a link to members of this Forum.

Let me know...

Replies

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 3 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Joanna,

The article was really good. It covers all the major methods in Delay Analysis giving required details. The conclusion was the best where the author expresses that these methods are the most closest to proving the delay and not a clear laminated quantification of Delay.

Eagerly awaiting for the presentation.

Joanna Kaptein

Hi Shareef

Thanks to you and Mike for your interest in Alan Whitaker's presentation.  We will get it ready for posting as a link in this forum - should be ready in about a week to ten days.  It is a meaty presentation - about 60 mins in length - but those who attended who worked in forensic analysis tell me that it is very useful material.

Regards

Jo

Joanna Kaptein

Hi Mike,

My apologies for the wrong weblink.  The link to the article is here.  This article is based on their presentation at the 2007 Asta Powerproject National User Forum and is on the same topic as their book, 'About Time' which you mention above.

Best regards

Jo Kaptein

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Joanna

I think you got both the book and the weblink wrong.

The book was titled "About Time" which is available from RICS books.

Your link seems to take us back to your thread.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 3 years 14 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Joanna,

I am interesed aswell.

But Where is this article?????('An Overview of the Analysis of Construction Delays' - written by Stephen Lowsley and Chris Linnett). The link does not get me there!!!!!

Best Regards

Shareef A Azeez

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 28 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Hi Joanna

I missed the venue this year.

Yes I would be very interested in the Alan Whitaker's video - I still have Gary France on A Planners and B Planners from some time back.

Best regards

Mike Testro