Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Blue Pencil

5 replies [Last post]
Shahzad Munawar
User offline. Last seen 9 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In a Sub Contract Agreement, a term " Blue Pencil" was used. What is meant by this term and on which occasion it is being used ?

It needs to be elaborated.

Replies

Shahzad Munawar
Vishwas

Link is same as David Interpreted.

Thanks
Vishwas Bindigana...
User offline. Last seen 23 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Shahzad,

Check-out the following link (as per David) -

http://www.bartleby.com/61/75/B0347500.html
Shahzad Munawar
David’s answer is more appropriate as per my requirement whereas NESS linked this term with his First Job to differentiate between Red and Blue inks. No problem. That is his point of view.
Stuart Ness
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Shahzad,
You question reminded me of my first job working in private practice in Scotland after leaving University.
Only the Senior Partners were allowed to use red pens, and only the Associate Partners could use Green ink. Senior members of staff could use black ink and those of us at the bottom of the food chain could only use blue.
However, since this was before the advent of colour photocopiers, in some cases it was quite academic. To this day, however, I never use blue ink and I always mark my corrections in red!

Cheers,

Stuart

www.rosmartin.com
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 8 years 17 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Shazad

I just ’Googled’ it:

"To edit, revise, or correct with or as if with a blue pencil."

Regards

David
david.bordoli@gvagrimley.co.uk