Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

working in Canada

5 replies [Last post]
Shahzad Sikandar
User offline. Last seen 6 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
my brother is a planning engineer, working in the UK since last 3 years,

is it good if he moves to Canada,,

what are the working conditions over there?

salary?

weather is very cold,, is that gonna be a problem for him ,because he is a chap of hot country.

please advise

much appreciated

Replies

Scarllet Pimpernel
User offline. Last seen 13 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All,

If you cannot find a planning job in Canada, and since you are in Canada, why not try other trades

I have a brother who immigrated to Canada. He is a Chemical Engineer, worked in Saudi, Singapore and of course in the Philippines.

In Canada, he worked other trades, joined the locals in whatever hard work to earned money for his family.

Eventually, he got experience in oil drilling. Presently, he is in-charged in oil drilling team. He got PMP and he is also doing planning.

Lesson learn: forget the fancy office that we used to worked as planning engineer. This is survival. A true planner will always plan his move and reach for his goal.

Thank you,
Scarlett
Wasi Raza
User offline. Last seen 6 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Shehzad,
I too am a Planner from UK who has just migrated to Canada. I have about 6+ years of experience and finding it a bit hard to get response from employers. How is your brother doing? Is it possible if you could provide me his email address or give mine use private message link to him. Would like to get in touch with him to find out his experiences over here.
Thanks
Chris Oggham
User offline. Last seen 9 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Shahzad,

A friend of mine emigrated to Canada a couple of months ago. He’s still getting used to things, but he says the people are great, very friendly and helpful. Below, I’ve listed a couple of websites which he says he found useful:

Canada Visas on the Global Visas site, and
Working in Canada which should give your brother most of the information he wants.

Chris Oggham
Shahzad Sikandar
User offline. Last seen 6 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
he is originally from Pakistan.

yes he has been in the UK for past three year.
Jeric Borja
User offline. Last seen 16 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Shahzad
is he working in the UK for 3 years now?
how he become a chap of hot country