Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Difference B/W Contract & permanent Job.

1 reply [Last post]
Ritesh Kumar
User offline. Last seen 2 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Dear all
Can anyone help me to understand in Contract & permanent jobs benefits as well as feasible for better growth as a planner?
Which job is better in both as every aspect?
Kindly give me suggestion.

Regards
Ritesh Kr

Replies

John Lawson
User offline. Last seen 11 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

The usual benefit with working Contract are the rates for Contract are a lot higher. In addition in the UK you can operate as a company this allowes various Tax benifits etc.

The down side are no holiday pay, no structured career development, no private medical care, no pension fund etc, items that usually are part of a Permanent job in UK.

Most planners I know spend the first few years a Permanent and for various reason end up as in Contractors i.e. employer goes "bust" etc. In my case I just got fed up with the lack of opportunity and the same old office ever day.

Looking back over 35 years of Contracting, that was best move I ever made, as I have since worked on some very intersting major jobs, travelled a lot at home and abroad and earned good money.

John