Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Earn Value Management

3 replies [Last post]
Dexter Jarrett
User offline. Last seen 5 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Does anyone know anything about the subject?

[moderator edit - additional text from thread in PM Issues forum follows:]

I would like to know more about companies who are invloved with EVMS? IF anyone knows of companies domestic or internaitonal that are involved with EVMS and needs someone with experience with Earn Value could you give me their information? I am looking for work in that area.

Thanks

Replies

Eddy San Gabriel
User offline. Last seen 7 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Guys,   I am new in this site. I never thought a site like this actually exist. and it feels good.. because most of the time projects here in the Philippines only have one planner in a project. And ihave no one to talk on matters in planning and scheduling. Specially if your counter part in the contractor side don't know how to speak English(pure chinesewho needs interpreter).   Anyway, I am a Planner by accident, because our planner suddenly took another job. And I filled the shoes. Nevertheless, I had always been in Project Management, Project Coordination and Control. Also taking up Master's degree in Management. EventhoughPrimavera is just a tool, its was hard to start . Started from scratch a year ago (with no formal training), and as of now ifeel imdoing progress. But I have no one to compare with. That's why I hope ican learn much from here.  

Cost Variance (CV); CV=EV-CV>0, spending less than planned

Whereas; 

Earned Value (EV)   = Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP)

= Budget X Work Performed

Actual Cost (AC)  = Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP)

= Actual Cost to Date

(Payment and Billing Status) 

Schedule Variance (SV); SV=EV-PV>0, ahead of schedule

Whereas; 

Earned Value (EV)   = Budgeted Cost of Work Performed (BCWP)

= Budget X Work Performed

Planned Value (PV)  = Budgeted Cost of Work Schedule (BCWS)

= Budget X Scheduled Work to Complete 

Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
[thread has been clarified]
Jaco Stadler
User offline. Last seen 17 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
What would you like to know