Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Manhour Norms for Architectural Work for High rise

3 replies [Last post]
Abhay Gujrathi
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All,

If anybody have the structured Manhours norms for Architectural work for high rise building then plese send me the same. I am need.

My Email Id is abhay.gujrathi@ril.com

Cheers

Replies

Abhay Gujrathi
User offline. Last seen 11 years 22 weeks ago. Offline
Thanks Mike & Mangesh,

Dear Mike

As far as my planning knowledge goes on, to brings the project into a common unit of measurement we have convert all the BOQ (Bill of Quantity-(Physical executable activities at site)into manhours.From those manhours Weightage are defined for the project. Same things can be done w.r.t cost also.But unfortunatly i dont have a cost plan for the same.

I have Manhours norm for architectural work but they are not exhaustive.

Hope you got my concern.

If any body have any idea please share.

Cheers
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 44 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi
u can go to site www.theconstructionlibrary.com
it has exhaustive manpower rates, but be careful while using them.

cheers

mangesh
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 22 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Hi Abhay.

As far as I know there is no such list. Some planners have a private list of outputs but they do not necessarily relate to the actual project in hand and they would not - in any case - share it willingly.

You need to go to the project cost plan and discover the resource hours for each of the trades.

If the cost plan is not broken down into labour - plant - materials etc then you have to extract the resource hours by using "labour percentages".

In the UK for instance a labour percentage for plastering work would be about 40%.

So taking the budget for plastering you need to reduce the total by:
1. profits & overheads %
2. preims and site overhaeds
3. contengcies
Then applying the 40% labour factor you will get the labour value.
This is then divided by the hourly rate for plasterers - I have no idea what this is in Indea but you will know.
You now have the total resource hours for plasterers on your project.

Ask again if you need to know how to make use of this information in a resource modelling situation.

Best regards

Mike Testro