Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Knowledge Sharing

16 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
We have setup a main category (this one !) for use as the main forum for posting your comments and discussions. If you have any suggestions on some project planning related topics then we will create a new category as required. So, anyone got any offers or suggestions?

Replies

MUHAMMAD IQBAL
User offline. Last seen 6 years 44 weeks ago. Offline
jj

how can we measure the percent complete use in EVA

how can we forecast the completion date bases upon the performance of project(EVM)
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hello Edgar,

Use Microsoft Project (any version).

Cheers

Charlie
Edgar Ariete
User offline. Last seen 5 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Khalid Abdelaal,

I’m with you. Please advise further on how can you make planning easier & faster.

Regards,

Edgar
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 6 years 1 week ago. Offline
Also E-knowledge is technologically realized by the fusion
of e-learning and knowledge management and through
the networking of knowledge workers.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Thamks mehdi
I just wanna to ask you about training this VSI, There is any refrence for study, if there is can you send it me.
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
Dear morteza,
In fact, this item used in the high technlogy industries. but we use this methodology in PM.
The Virtual Socket Interface Alliance (VSIA) is an open, international organization that includes representatives from all segments of the system-on-chip industry: System houses, Semiconductor vendors, Electronic Design Automation (EDA) companies, and Intellectual Property (IP) providers. VSIAs vision is to dramatically accelerate system-chip development by specifying open standards that facilitate the mix and match of virtual components from multiple sources. VSIA has wide industry participation with more than 180 member companies from Asia, Europe, and the US. Membership is open to any corporation with an interest in the development and promotion of open standards used in the design of system-on-chip.

Best Regards
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Knowledge sharing is a process. There are lot of method, tools, etc. The forum providing a platform and IT is enabler on sharing. I think we need to think about those available information is knowledge or not.

For examplem, production rate database. "Data" are informative to planner. Can it be a guide line for programme preparation, I dont think so. If I search a production rate, I would like to know how to work it out, what resource, what environment condition, what $ be send. An integration and analysis, more like knowledge

BTW, planning planet already providing a chance among us for discussion, colebaration and information sharing. Thanks.
Morteza Jafari
User offline. Last seen 12 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Mehdi
Please tell us about VSI ( Virtual socket interface), what is that ?
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
Hi,
Knowledge sharing is power.
Are there ways for that? Do you know about VSI ( Virtual socket interface)

M.Rashidi
Morteza Jafari
User offline. Last seen 12 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Knowledge sharing is very good suggestion, I have the same probelm, as he stated it, but my expericance says Risk and calture is a importance element for each project , we usually do not consider this factor in our estimation.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Folks, please keep posts on topic. This thread was started as a suggestion thread for new forum topics. Please do not spam the forums with advertisements for other web sites. There is a links page for other resources. Please suggest your favorite sites for a listing there.

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
Dear all,
Maybe the sitr ( www.projectconnections.com)WILL HELP YOU.
Mike Harvey
User offline. Last seen 11 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Visit www.hpcconsult.co.uk - this may help with your questions. Search Project Managers Procedural Guide. Best Wishes Mike Harvey
Mike Harvey
User offline. Last seen 11 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Jake Please visit hpcconsult.co.uk and view 'Planning Academy'. After 40 years in the industry I am trying to give something back to those looking to resolve problems. Regards Mike Harvey
Robin Jongen
User offline. Last seen 16 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
You are asking if people know new discussion categories. Well I know 1 new category. Risk analyses. The first question. 1. When do you use risk analyses on a project. 2. On which planning do you perform a risk analyses? Which level of planning? 3. What is the most used risk analyses on project planning and which risk analyses tool is the most used and why?
Khalid Abdelaal
User offline. Last seen 6 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Productivity Rate This not a question or subject to discuss this is just note from my Experience in the construction industry the productivity rates is the main problem when making schedule the productivity changed from time to time from place to place from Productivity Rate. This not a question or subject to discuss this is just note from my Experience in the construction industry the productivity rates is the main problem when making schedule the productivity changed from time to time from place to place from floor to floor. So assign resource and duration is the most difficult things in planning stage. This make the construction planning one of most difficult work in the world, but this our choice. Thank you to give me chance to write the first subject in this forum.