Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 export for Budgeted Units Early & Late by month for S-Curves in Excel

7 replies [Last post]
Nicolas Berger
User offline. Last seen 11 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hi to All,

I am trying to do on P6 (V7) what I used to do when I was working on P3 a several years ago.

I used to generate my S-Curves on Excel from P3 by computing a Tabular Report displayed the following way :

TimeEarly startLate StartEarly FinishLate Finish
Month 1Budgeted UnitsBudgeted UnitsBudgeted UnitsBudgeted Units
Month 2Budgeted UnitsBudgeted UnitsBudgeted UnitsBudgeted Units

It was extremely useful and very easy to generate Early & Late Curves as well as forecast curves.

What I see today from P6, is only a way to export to Excel, the distribution budgeted units on a singular date but not Early and Late dates

How can I do that ?

Thanks very much in advance Planning Community

NB

Replies

Nicolas Berger

That's it great thanks !

Berker Colakoglu
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

You can not copy and paste from resource usage spreadsheet ,try from Project/Resource assignments .

Nicolas Berger

I go back to this topic since indeed I finally succeeded to display on P6 the right columns and Rows but I can't make any copy/paste into Excel then.

Does anyone have an idea how to copy/paste those kind of values in the 'Resource Usage Spreadsheet' or 'Activity Usage Spreadsheet' ?

Thanks,

NB

Mark Anthony Amores
User offline. Last seen 11 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

Hi all,

I have some problems with deriving reports on cash flow. I cant run tabulated reports on cash flow showing

early and late cost. I have modified on the Reports Editor but still it doesnt work out.

Can anyone please help me how to extract those reports? I am using Primavera P6 version.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Anthony Amores
User offline. Last seen 11 years 39 weeks ago. Offline

f

Nicolas Berger

That's great thanks so much.

very helpful !

Berker Colakoglu
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

On the assignments page , at the distribution side, you can click display then go spreedshield fields then customize and you can find remaining early and late units under time interval/units and you can add them to your distribution layout.

So the distribution rows will be early and late units.

Regards,

Berker