Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Calculation fixed unit/Time

5 replies [Last post]
walid Lahiani
User offline. Last seen 8 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

GOood morning ,

This is the question

I changed the data date and pressed F9 =>the remaining duration didn't changed but at complete duration increased

I want that remaining duration change automatically so the remaining units in ressources increase and the formula

AT COMPLETE DURATION =Actual duration+Remaining duration still correct

thanks

Replies

Ravikumar Allada
User offline. Last seen 12 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

I would like to know how to copy the budgeted  units activity wise on a weekly timescale in P6

Somasundaram K
User offline. Last seen 11 years 5 days ago. Offline

Yes, Am not aware of any other issues. So by populating the Expected Finish datem scheduling option automatically calculates the remaining duration & computes accordingly. So by this means, your Finish Date also will be accordingly updated.

Please let me know if this is not what you meant. Thanks!

Somasundaram K

Yes, Am not aware of any other issues. So by populating the Expected Finish datem scheduling option automatically calculates the remaining duration & computes accordingly. So by this means, your Finish Date also will be accordingly updated.

Please let me know if this is not what you meant. Thanks!

Frederic Fasquelle
User offline. Last seen 1 year 26 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Somasundaram K,

I jump of your proposal and I would be interested to get any feedback.
To update my project, I am filling "Expected Finish" field (only activity started).

First consequence is to get FF=0 on this activty.

Is there any other consequence in scheduling ?
Is it a good practice to fill this field instead of modifying directly finish date ?

regards

Somasundaram K

Schedule using Expected Finish date field. That should solve your problem. Thanks!