Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Automatic changing of the Data Date in PM6

3 replies [Last post]
Eric Rivera
User offline. Last seen 7 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hello all!

So I'm having an 'issue' that I have never seen before. I recently imported a project over from MS Project into PM6 (something I've done on several occasions).

But this time, it carried with it a setting that seems to automatically be making the DATA DATE the CURRENT DATE.

I've never used, needed, or even seen this before, so I'm not sure where this setting resides in PM6 so that I can TURN IT OFF!

Can anyone direct me to the right menu so that I can shut that down?

Thanks in Advance,

Eric

Replies

Russell Manuba
User offline. Last seen 11 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Eric,

I'm also encountering your problem which is really frustrating coz after i plotted dates to all activities and press F9 they get back to their previous dates or to the data date. I checked out the the check box mentioned by Rajesh but same as you, the check box is currently unchecked and is uncheckable. 

I aslo imported this file from MS project. Could this be something with the MS project? 

Russell

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Eric,

Good Info

I want to use this setting of 'Set Data Date and Planned Start Date to Project Forecast Start Date during Scheduling'.

But the option now is unchecked and it is not possible to check it.

so where can i change it.

Rgds

Rajesh Khanna Sake
User offline. Last seen 2 years 26 weeks ago. Offline

Eric,

Under Tools/ Schedule, there is a check box - 'Set Data Date and Planned Start Date to Project Forecast Start Date during Scheduling'. Make sure that it is unchecked. I can only think of this option.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Rajesh