Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

XER Format

1 reply [Last post]
Martin Obando
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 6 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi all readers.-

I'm serching more information about xer format how this can create from other application to send information to primavera.

Now we have a budget in a own aplication, but is hard to me create the project with his information and manualy enter to Primavera, EXCEL format or sdk, takes time, to put information and some procedures.

Please, if someone have experience could you told me where i can found more information how create a XER file to import all the informaction that i have in a budget aplications,.

Thank you.

Replies

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 5 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Martin,

XER file format are created and normally exported from P6 project files. I am afraid there is no short cut, you have to export your project file to excel and ensure you include a field or column for budgeted cost, there is a lot of budgeted fields available in P6, it depends on how detail you want it, (material, labour and plant/equipment). After you exported the file in excel, you need to enter the budget for each activity, if you have more or less the same breakdown, you can copy and paste and then import back to P6.

Good luck,

Daniel