Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource report for day by day

4 replies [Last post]
Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 44 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Dear All,

For my project, we want to know, how many no of columns we would be casting daily. to solve this i created a resource named as Columns and assigned it to the activity. I counted the no of columns on each floor and then assigned the nos to the activity. now can anybody tell me how to get this printed on daily basis for entire project. P6 gives for monthly basis but i want it for daily.

Replies

Mangesh Khuspe

Dear Anoon,

There is some confusion going on ( I suppose). I have counted the No of Columns from the drawing and added this as a resource to Column activity in the program. Now the Program gives resource usage for the duration of activity. i want to know the no of columns which are to be cast on daily basis. which i have tried through the Report editor, but failed to do so.

I hope i am clear now.

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

If you are working on a high rise building, the columns will be dependent on the casting of the floors, why don't you just count directly from the drawings?

Mangesh Khuspe

Dear Anoon,

Thanks for the reply, I didnt understand what you want to say. can you please explain?.

This is the simplest method for me as it will give the daily usage of resource.

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 31 weeks ago. Offline

you can make your timescale on a daily basis, but I supposed your approach is wrong, it will depend on how you structure your activities