Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

EXTERNAL ACTIVITY RELATIONSHIP GONE AFTER IMPORTING

4 replies [Last post]
Wilfredo Jr. Flores
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Dear all,

I have imported our baseline programme from my manager’s computer. It consists of 7 different projects under one EPS. I made sure that the settings are correct like import external relationships. I tried to export it in one xer file and import to my computer and also 7 xer files and imported it one by one but the external relationships was gone. can anyone has a solution for this?

Replies

Wilfredo Jr. Flores
individual settings are ok like import external relationships, activity relationship, activity resurce assignment and the action is update existing but still the relationships are gone. What i noticed from the original file, I can’t go to some successors and predecessors activities, then when I transfer it to other PC, these relationships that the GOTO function was disabled were not imported.

Thank you very much for your help :-)
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Please review individual setting when import
Wilfredo Jr. Flores
Thanks. I’ve done exporting all projects in 1 xer but still, i encountered the same problem. Also, I noticed asterisk marks in the dates and i found out that it was caused by external dates which are acting as constraint
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
must export and import all XER at the same time