Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 grouping by work order number - delete completed wor

1 reply [Last post]
Phil Montgomery
User offline. Last seen 12 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
P6 grouping by work order number - delete completed work

As i complete all activities for a work order (many work orders in a project), i want to be able to filter and delete work orders where all activities are complete. I am struggling to build a filter to display a list of all activities for a work order where all activities are complete. I also use a milestone as the final indicator that the job is complete. I know how to build a filter for milestone but i can not get the filter set to display milestones and all activities for the work order. Any assistance with this?

Replies

Nigel Winkley
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: The GrapeVine
Use "Activity Status = Complete" this will show only completed activities
Then for the milestones use "Activity Type = Start Milestone" OR "Activity Type = Finish Milestone"
Then on the main filter screen set the filter for "ANY selected filter"
This will drag out all milestones even in a different group but I am sure that you can figure out which apply to your work orders - WBS grouping?
Hope this helps
Nige