Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Predecessor column in view log

4 replies [Last post]
Anu Tor
User offline. Last seen 13 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Dear all,

When I use schedule in P5 to check the out-of sequence activities, it is not show any predecessor and description as P3. Pleaes recommend me, How is show the predecessor and description in view log in P5?.

Regard,

Replies

Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 7 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Ronald

For some years we tried to convince Primavera that this report should be improved - or that the user or the admin should be able to adjust it. I share your impression that not many realized this weekness and decline against P3. Otherwise Primavera would have done it.
During other occasions I found surprised faces when I proposed "Just do it as it has been in P3". It seems that all developers of P3 left Primavera.

Regards

Dieter
R. Catalan
User offline. Last seen 12 years 33 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
All,

I started using P6, it does show the "Out-of-sequence activities" including the Act ID and Description.

The report will also give you the following info under the same category - Warnings:
- Activities without predecessors
- Activities without successors
- Activities with Actual Dates > Data Date
- Milestone Activities with invalid relationships

Best regards,
R. Catalan

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Anu,

The Out-of-Sequence Report in P5 and P6 does not list the information that you are asking for. As you noticed, the P3 Out-of-Sequence is superior to the P6 one in that it does list the relationship and the reason for the problem, not just the successor activity. Good for you! Very few people have noticed the missing information (or at least you were the first to mention it.)
Arnold Puy
User offline. Last seen 9 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Anu,

I guess there is no out-of-sequence activities in your schedule. Because, there should always be an Activity ID & Activity Name when you view the log.

Regards.