Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Plot EVA diagrams in P6?

3 replies [Last post]
Sean Moghimi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Guys,

I do not like the print preview generated by P6 for EVA diagram in tracking window. Although the EVA diagram looks great, there is not enough flexibility to print it off without other multiple tables.

Is there any other type of report or facility in P6 enable to print the EVA diagram seprately in a nicer format?!

Rgds.

Replies

Mark Roberts
User offline. Last seen 16 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Shahab

We are still using P5 where I work & are yet to take the "plunge" into P6. As far as how we use Primavera solutions here? Well for EV we use the "tracking" view. This is very useful as you can track EV at any level of the WBS, meaning if things are falling behind at the "project" level you can quickly find out where your project is lagging at the lower levels.

The print preview is reasonable however we still take screen prints so that we can overlay a CPI & SPI table.

I look forward to "playing" with P6 in the near future.

& finally, I agree with you that taking "screen prints" is an unfortunate work around...

Cheers
Mark
Sean Moghimi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 24 weeks ago. Offline

Mark,

Hi there and thanks for the guide. Well you suggestion is good but I doubt a powerful tool like P6 does not have a nice report to pront off EVA diagrams as this diagram is the very end result of all. I was hoping that there should be a report template which can produce a nice digram. I have been using simple snapshots so far but mmmm...

Any other suggestions. How other guys do this?

Mike my I have been in Railway industry in London for past 2 years. How do you use Primavera solutions in your work?

Cheers.
Mark Roberts
User offline. Last seen 16 years 16 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Shahab

I’m not across P6 but if you don’t like what is presented in the "print preview", although you do like what is shown on screen, I would simply do a print screen & then crop to suit. That way you can overlay your own tables, other pictures etc & save in a suitable format.

Hope that helps...

Cheers
Mark