Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Pasting EPS/OBS structure to another PC

3 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 25 weeks ago. Offline
Hi there,
I will be giving another training session on PM5 in a few weeks, and I would like to prepare the whole EPS/OBS/... structure on my own PC before copy/paste-ing it on the trainees machines; I cannot use a network.
Is it possible to export the EPS/OBS structure from Project Management, do I have to MM instead, or copy/paste the MSDE database?
I cannot find anything satisfying in the pdf manuals shipped with the software.
Thanks to all
Alexandre

Replies

Ahmet Cetin
User offline. Last seen 9 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Unfortunately you cannot copy/paste, export/import EPS and OBS between the databases, or you cannot import them using methodology database.

For training purpose, I suggest you to prepare the database, then copy whole database to the trainers’ computers.

Hope this helps,

Ahmet Cetin

Visit PrimaveraTools.com
Primavera Tools, Forum, Tutorials, Outlook Plugin

Mark Chapman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
I move my database (PMDB) from laptop to desktop quite regularly. I use the backup and restore functions in Windows to do this. I found out about this when upgrading to latest pack so the explanation is given in the upgrade to SP4 I believe.

Fo training purposes this is ideal as you can copy your clean version to each user on your training course.