Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P3e Database on a Server and a Local Copy

6 replies [Last post]
Al MacLeod
User offline. Last seen 1 year 49 weeks ago. Offline
Hi all,

I work on a laptop and i’m using orical on a server to hold the planning database.

Is there a way to create a database on the laptop c: drive (i do not have orical on the laptop) so i can export and import schedules to my laptop so i can work when not in the office?

Thank you in advance for your help

Replies

Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 10 years 1 week ago. Offline
Groups: None
Al MacLeod,

You can install P5 locally into your laptop without the need of installing Oracle.
As Matt said u can run P5 using the MSQL server (which will be installed automatically), after that u can import/export or backup the database easily by going to: Start-->All Programs-->Microsoft SQL Server--> Enterprise Manager, then select your database and click on Import/Export or Backup/Restore.
Or u can simply export the schedules from the P5 itself using file--> export.

HTH.

Regards,
Karim
Karim Mounir
Al MacLeod,

You can install P5 locally into your laptop without the need of installing Oracle.
As Matt said u can run P5 using the MSQL server (which will be installed automatically), after that u can import/export or backup the database easily by going to: Start-->All Programs-->Microsoft SQL Server--> Enterprise Manager, then select your database and click on Import/Export or Backup/Restore.

HTH.

Regards,
Karim
Karim Mounir
Al MacLeod,

HTH.

Regards,
Karim
Karim Mounir
Al MacLeod,

HTH.

Regards,
Karim
Matt Rudge
User offline. Last seen 16 years 9 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All,

I run P5 locally as well as through server.

The local copy runs through a MSSQL server which is set up on my hard drive. I would give you more details but unfortunately our IT department locks us out from finding useful system info!

Hope this helps though.
Karim Mounir
Al MacLeod,

HTH.

Regards,
Karim