Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P5.0 Layouts & Filter

8 replies [Last post]
S LEE
User offline. Last seen 9 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
In P5, the layouts and filter, with groups and sorts are not saved when the file is exported, or backed up. There is an export layout function, but this is completely worthless as there is no filters and sorts are lost. Any suggestions to save layouts?

S

Replies

Mario Sanvitale
User offline. Last seen 12 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
V6 has Project Specific Layouts and Filters. Filters can be saved and exported with layouts. Project specific layouts, filters and baselines can be copied, exported and imported.
Kevin Button
User offline. Last seen 2 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. If you include activity layouts, why not filters, resource assignment layouts, global changes, reports and tracking views? If you put in too many options, users will then complain about the level of complexity.

KB
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
during import/export, an option should have been given in P5.0 to select the layout to be incorporated with XER file.
Kevin Button
User offline. Last seen 2 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
It is correct that XER files do not (ahd should not) contain layouts. I would not like to import an XER file, only to find that I have also imported several dozen layouts from somebody elses database that I don’t want or need.

It is much easier to import a single layout file than to delete many unwanted layouts.

KB
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
your suggestion will work for sure but we have to send these two files XER and PLF together as you said.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Try this method. View - Layout - Open, you can find the Import/Export button. Send the XER with PLF
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
i too have the same problem. I could not find any saved layouts in the exported file of XER format when i tried to import the same in another machine. its really strange to me. if someone can give a suggestion on how to retain the saved layouts during export? would be appreciated much.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 4 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
I don’t think it is possible. P5.0 is working on database. The saved layour can be shared by others. So it is not stored by the project.