Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Layouts

10 replies [Last post]
Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 17 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi All,

When i open a project, I could see a large number of layouts under View>Layout. It is quite confusing as I am interested in seeing only those layouts that are specific to an open project. Could anybody advise me as to how it could be acheived.

Thanks and best regards

Rashid Iqbal

Replies

Rashid Iqbal
User offline. Last seen 17 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All,

We have been working in P3 and are nowadays trying to shift to P3ec. I started this thread in P3ec forum and wanted to learn as to how I could make project specific layouts. Apparently, from the discussion I got an idea that the layouts can’t be made project specific though I believe that the users might have devised some turnarounds to overcome this shortfall.

I would rephrase my question as follows:

We have a number of active projects in a single database and each has a few layouts to be printed after every update. Now in P3e/c when I open a single project all the layouts of all the projects are visible in the dialogue box and it could be well visualized that it is quite confusing to find the ’desired’ layouts from a big list. As an interim, I have started naming the layouts with a prefix which is an abbreviation of project names though I am in a search of a better method. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards
Rashid Iqbal

Amar Aghana
User offline. Last seen 17 years 1 week ago. Offline

Bill,

P3 e&c layouts are simpler and easy. Person who understand in P3 will also and easily understand in e&c.

Actually knowledgible persons like you is required in e&c discussions.

Regards, Amar.
Bill Guthrie
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Sigfredo
unless I am mistaken, no he is referring to P3 3.1

Many people have not learned to manage and capitolize on the the layouts in p3 3.1 and dump layouts after working hard to develop.

So this is a part of the p3 learning. I do not know about layouts in p3 e/c

Cheers Bill Guthrie
Se de Leon
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Sorry got your surname mispelled. It should be Guthrie.
My apologies again.

Se
Se de Leon
User offline. Last seen 3 years 2 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Bill Gutrie,

I think the original question is referring to P3ec not to P3 that’s why you differ with the other Bill.

Se
Bill Guthrie
Lordy Philip, thats why I love p3, always something to learn.
ha ha.

Thanks for the tip, will look it up

Cheers Bill
Philip Jonker
User offline. Last seen 15 years 37 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Bill G,
Found out something interesting today, thst P3 has some interesting attachments, inter alia something that can do "line of balance" might be out of your field, but has some scope in certain disciplines. What else are they not telling us?

Regards
Philip
Charleston-Joseph...
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
I agree with Bill G,

I find the layout capability in P3 useful.

Hi Rashid, if Primavera will not help you, then, go back to P3.

We do miss the things we were comfortable in P3.

Regards,

Charlie
Bill Guthrie
Bill, differ with your statement.

Layouts are great way of control in P3

on my current project, save a specific layout after working a long time on it to custom it, like color certain bars, etc.etc.
and a specific filter.

then only advise the field office to open certain layout.
not have to go into details of filter.
when a specific layout is opened, ito also uses the filter that you built it with.
And in p3, you use the alpha number for each layout,and then can save up to 288 layouts.
This is a handy tool.

Cheers Bill Guthrie
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Layouts are not saved with the project. They are either user specific or global to all users.

Regards,
Bill