Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budgeted Quantity Profile

8 replies [Last post]
Shamas Ibrahim
User offline. Last seen 6 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anybody please tell me how to get P3e/c to show a graph with the bugeted quantity as units. I.e lets say I have a designer working on a two day activity all I want P3e/c to show is 1 1 i.e I need to show no. of units per day or week or month etc.. for a particular resource.
The present graph seems to show days hours etc I just need whole numbers so that I can say here is a resource graph shwoing that we need 1 designer on the first 2 days and then say 4 designers on the next day etc...
If I cant show it on the graphs how do I extract this data????
Thanks for any assitance given.
PS Primavera support do not have an answer....

Replies

Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
Bijaya,

Take a look at the Activity Usage Profile (View / Show on Bottom Menu) . This will allow you to display current vs baseline.

Regards,
Bill
Bijaya Bajracharya
User offline. Last seen 8 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Paul,

It may be different version of programme (I am using P3e/c ver 4.1) but I don’t see "Graphical Report" in pull down menu.
Bijaya Bajracharya
Steve,

The spreadsheet field option gives a choice among "Remaining Units", "Actual Units" and "Budgeted Units" only. it does not give option of baseline unit. Can you explain me how to add baseline units as an additional option?
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
In the Resource View, select the spreadsheet filds option and from the list of available fields choose Baseline Units.

Paul Silver
User offline. Last seen 5 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Bijaya,
You can’t do it with the WYSIWYG. Try Resource/Cost Graphics. Go to Tools, Graphics Reports, Resource and Cost. In the content section you can select from Current schedule, Target 1 or Target 2.
Good Luck

Paul Silver
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Simple

Firstly you select Resource Usage Profile in the activities View

Secondly you format Resource Usage Profile Option (Right Click in the Graph Area)

Select unit, Tick on Budgeted By Date

Go to the Grahp TAB and tick Calculate Average
And change the divided total by to (0.01) and change the unit of Measure to (%)

Change Time scale to Day month or Week

That way you will resolve the problem not able to display the exact % of time each of your resource.

The reason that your original graph have 1 1 is because the rounding problem by effectively convert the usage to % it become more clear in the Usage %

HTH

Alex

P.S.
I can display a sample if you r interest PM me with your e-mail

Paul Silver
User offline. Last seen 5 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Bijaya,
My apologies. Being only a humble user of P3 Ver 3.1 I forgot I was in a P3e thread. Actually I have my upgrade to P3e but due to current project pressures have not loaded it yet. I guess you will be getting queries from me once I start delving into its workings in the near future.
Paul
Bijaya Bajracharya
This is a further question on this topic.

The profile thus generaged are always from the current programme. I want to generate a profile which shows both baseline and current information. Is there a way to do it?