Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Splitting option

5 replies [Last post]
Jihad Daniel
User offline. Last seen 8 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hello everybody,

Do you know where I can find in P3e the option of splitting vertically or horizontally the current view?

Thanks & Regards,
J. Daniel

Replies

Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Dear Bill,

I found your suggestion of bringing two projects into a single window is found to be useful for an example if we want to create links between activities in two different projects.

Cheers!!!

Daya
Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
I guess the conclusion is that P3 and P3e are not the same applications and they will achieve things in a different way. P3 still has some feature which are not in P3e, but that is minor these days (certainly with the introduction of 5.0 next month).

I’m still not sure what you want to do when you’ve split your screen.
Jihad Daniel
User offline. Last seen 8 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
To use the same features of P3. I wonder why some options available and essential in P3, are not available in P3e? I think we need to wait for the new version to get these options but can we get the answers too?

Regards,
J. Daniel
Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
You can split your activities view by chosing a Gantt chart (for instance) in both your top and bottom layout.

What is it that you want to achieve?

Cheers,

Niek.
Bill McMichael
User offline. Last seen 12 years 41 weeks ago. Offline
J Daniel,

By splitting horizontally or vertically, do you mean bringing up 2 projects in separate windows ? If so, there is not a way to do this. P3e has a single document windows interface.

However, You can open multiple projects by ctrl + click on project open dialog. But they will be displayed in the same window.

Regards,
Bill