Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Primavera Bandwidth Requirements

5 replies [Last post]
Shirish Borkar
User offline. Last seen 17 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Can anybody tell me the Bandwidth Requirements for Primavera Teamplay / Primavera Enterprise when hosted on Citrix. Any rough calculation will help.

Thanks,

Shirish

Replies

Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
If you have a internation dail-up account with your Citrix Provider, then VPN is a possible solution. However, if your company do not have such account, you need to paid international call rate to have a dial-up VPN with your Citrix (Too expensive to run).

Another solution is to ask your citrix service provider to open a port for internet access & in India join a boardband with any ISP (internet services provider) and login to the US citrix server. This solution is more flexible since you can access to the Primavera anywhere in the world as long as you have a interent access.
Shirish Borkar
Hi Alex,

Citrix is already in place. There are more than 100 users connecting to Primavera (in US). But from India there will be only 2-3 users accesing it. Then seperate VPN is required between India and US?
I am not Networking guy, but wanted to know how this VPN connectivity is establish physically between two locations.

Thanks for reply.
Alex Wong
I think a VPN is ok if you running a relatively small database. I would think that will be the case since you only have 2-3 users.
This option is obviousely most inexpensive. If you talking about a CITRIX server, you talking about lots of investment for only 2-3 users.

Alex
Shirish Borkar
Thanks Alex.

56K means 56 KBps AND 1.5m is 1.5MBps, Isn’t it?

I am not very technical in Networking. But will Virtual Private Network (VPN) is the best option if 2-3 users accessing Primavera on internet.
Alex Wong
56K is bare minimum

1.5m is prefered bandwidth