Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to Generate Cash Flow in P3

5 replies [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi to all,

My consultant required Cash Flow on the basis of my remaining work. But i prepared on Excel and he agreed. But he want me to do same in P3.

So can somebody can tell me how to prepare Cash Flow Curve in P3.

thanks.....

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 12 weeks 2 days ago. Offline
Irfan,
Use Tools-> Graphic Reports-> Resource & Cost-> RC03 commulative and Monthly Cost. Change the date on the date tab and resource selection should be EQ ????????????
That will use all resources define on your projects.
Irfan Khan
Thanks for reply Rodel,

I got it what u explained in ur last post. But same thing I want to generate from Tools>Graphic Reports>Resource & Cost>.

But when I m going to resource selection which is > Group if = EQ > Low Value Resource = My resource what I assigned > after selection of dates, curves etc. when I m running it is showing just periods or nothing.

So pls can u help me again……

Thanks……..

Rodel Marasigan
Irfan,
Like what I have said, Ctrl+F7, This will display Resource Profile histogram and S-Curve.
On the Resource Profile dialog box under resource select Total and click Display. Under Display tick Cost and it should display cost S-Curve and histogram.
Irfan Khan
thanks rodel,

wht i did i want to explain, i add one resource name cost and pick all activities and apply resource assignment. Than i pick each activity and assign its cost from Budget > Budget Summary > Budget Amount under Cost Catogery.

But these costs not coming in my resource Curve.

Pls tell me how to generate S-Curve..

thanks,,,
Rodel Marasigan
Irfan,
Ctrl + F7 or View-> Resource Profile or click the icon Resource/Cost Profile

That will show Profile and S-curve in P3.